Marshallton United Methodist Church
The Marshallton United Methodist Church, formerly the Inskip Memorial Methodist Episcopal Church, had its origin in the days of the Circuit Riders. In 1812 Alban Hooke began preaching services. Services were held in a barn and later in a wheelwright shop. Marshallton became an established church in 1828 as a regular preaching point under Rev. Daniel Parrish. The original church was completed and dedicated by Rev. John S. Inskip, later noted leader of the holiness movement He was converted in a revival here. Over the present main entrance a dedication is embedded in his memory. The wagon sheds and cemetery walls were erected in 1850. By 1891 the trustees decided to remodel that church and the result is the graystone building which is still in use today.
In November of 1991, the congregation celebrated the 100th anniversary of the present church structure with a cornerstone opening. The entire village shared in the celebration in December when the First Christmas House Tour brought over 500 visitors to the event. It was at this time that the congregation started praying for direction on expanding our facility.
The church has undergone many improvements through the years, including the refurbishing of the bell tower in 1993. Ministry continues to expand through the witness of the congregation, mission development, and community outreach. In 1998 our Education facility was completed, with dedication in July 1998. In October 2003, we dedicated the former parsonage as a Youth House.
Please click on any link below to learn more about our church family and how to find us!